Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Note

You know in the front of the Bible where it says, "This Bible belongs to:" ? Well, it has my full name in my Bible. Shortly after getting engaged, I added this note underneath, "but on August 24th, 2013, Vanessa Joy Palmer, Mrs. Samuel Palmer." And since then, whenever I've seen that, it's made me happy. Whether I, myself, am happy, angry, or sad, that little note makes me focus on my love.

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

The author of this Psalm thought about God. He longed for God. He wanted to be in His presence. His heart and flesh just cried out to the Lord!

Is there something, anything that will remind us of how much we love God? Bring a smile to our lips? Usher us into His presence?

The words to a worship song, a rainbow, the waves coming in from the ocean, the stars, these are all little love notes from God. When we see and focus on these things we should remember that. We should be entranced in that. We should be taken from here to a place that is just us and our Love, our God.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment