Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"Life Storms"

And when He had sent them away, He departed unto a mountain to pray. Mark 6:46

And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. Mark 1:35

Yesterday we got hit with this really huge storm. The wind and rain was gusting so hard we had to pull over long enough to let the worst of it pass so that we could see the road again. As we sat waiting it made me think about how it is like that sometimes in life. Sometimes things get hard. The 'life storms' happen and we get so caught up in them and we are so intent on the destination that we forget to take time to stay safe. We might forget to take time to stop and rest in Him or to stop and get His counsel on what to do or how to handle things. His counsel and our time with Him keeps us safe and strong in Him!

I know that for me personally this has been one of the hardest years I have ever had to get through. I have never felt so "poor and needy' in my life! I feel like all I've done this year is navigate and get through 'life storms' all year long. Yet, the thing here is, it has also so been one of the best! In March we started Snack Time Devotions. This is our 200th message. What a blessing it has been! I know that I have taken the time to stop and spend with Him. To listen and to receive a message to share every day and I know that it has helped me to stay safe and strong in Him as I have navigated through!

Jesus is always our best example!  If He took time to separate Himself and spend time with the Father, shouldn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment