Monday, October 28, 2013

"His Loving Kindness - An AAAH God Moment"

Blessed be the Lord, For He has shown me His marvelous kindness... Psalm 31:21

I must admit that these words are the best words possible in describing how I feel at this very moment. He is so good to me. I spent the weekend ... moving! What a horrid experience! 10 years and sixteen foster kids later you tend to have gathered a lot of baggage, both in the natural as well as the emotional! I say again, horrid experience.

I was thinking about the tower of babel. My guess is that it was a much more horrific experience than mine. One minute your talking and working and going about your life and bam, everything is changed and you can't even communicate with your friends and family. Couldn't have been good! The thing is God had His reason. He confused the languages for a reason and the thing to remember is that when times are difficult He is still present! He still has a plan. He hasn't gone anywhere.

He gave me just such a reminder yesterday morning as I was off to work early so that I could make church on time. In order to best illustrate this moment for you I have to tell you about something that happened years and years ago when I MOVED to VA to attend Bible College. In order to pay the bills my sister and I took on a paper route. Our first morning out we set about delivering our 400 papers. Its 3 o'clock in the morning in this big scary city and to be honest I was a little nervous, OK a little (scared), after all I was from a small town in northern NH. I remember praying and asking God to keep us safe and as I did that something happened. A deer crossed the road in front of us. That may not seem like much to you but to me and it was a touch of home that felt like God was reassuring me that things were OK and He was with me. I didn't expect to see a deer in Washington, DC! It was a big scary city. God spoke His reassurance to me through that sighting. I don't know why, but every time I've needed a touch of His presence or His peace and reassurance, He has always brought a deer to visit me.

Yesterday was no different. I wasn't expecting it, but as I stepped out the door and headed towards my car, there they were. Just standing there waiting for me. One moved off into the woods but the other just stayed and and looked at me for a bit before he strolled off into the woods as well.

You know when you see a two year old sharing a toy or hugging another little one and you find yourself making this noise "AAAAh" and saying, "Thats so nice." Well, that is what happened to me as I saw those deer standing there waiting for me. See, one minute I'm heartbroken because I've lost the three year old who had been with me the last seven months and the home I thought I would be in till I died and the next minute I'm having my "AAAAH, God. Your so good to me!" moment. You may not believe it but I'm pretty confident that He made those deer stand there and wait for me because now my heart is full of His peace and His reassurance!

So the last thing I'd like to share is ... Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment