Monday, June 17, 2013

Wedding Clothes

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation; He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." Isaiah 61:10

I like this verse because I am getting married in two months and 7 days ( I don't count today), so I saw this verse in a new light.

I am wearing a combination of my grandmother's jewelry and sapphires pieces that my fiancĂ© has given me. Add my gown, veil, and sparkly sandals, and my fiancĂ© in a nice suit, and we are going to be seriously decked out. I can't wait!

And so it should be.

Basically, salvation and righteousness are being paralleled to a groom and his bride dressing up for their wedding day.

Weddings on earth are supposed to reflect The Bridegroom and His Bride, the church, us.

So I just want to say, deck yourselves out!

Put on your garments of salvation! Put on your robes of righteousness! This is an honor! This is a joy! Every bride is excited to get all dressed up in her special gown with her special jewels. This is just like that! Realize that The Bridegroom loves you and wants you. So wear your salvation and righteousness like they were meant to be worn. As garments of undying love.

---Joy

1 comment: