Friday, June 7, 2013

"He Is With Us"

And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, "The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!"  

And Gideon said to Him, "O my Lord, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, 'Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?' But now the Lord has forsaken us and delivered us unto the hands of Midianites."

Then the Lord turned to him and said, "Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?"

So he said to Him, "O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house."

And the Lord said to him, "Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man." Judges 6:12-16

Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed and less than adequate, this is the place in the Word that I go to be reminded that He doesn't see me the way that I see myself. Gideon sees himself as being the least of the weakest!  A feeling that I think a lot of us can relate to. God sees him differently. He sees him as a mighty man of valor, as being sent and equipped with His Presence!

Remember, its no different for you and I.  When we are feeling small, weak, alone, forgotten, or just plain overwhelmed we need to focus on what His word says about us. He loves us! He has called us! It is in His might that we are sent! We are not alone but completely and totally equipped because He will surely be with us!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9




No comments:

Post a Comment