Monday, June 3, 2013

The Golden Years

"Even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save." Isaiah 46:4

This verse is just really cool to me for a few reasons.

1. God is THE GOD, even in old age.

2. God will carry us through life. Through all of our gray hair days.

3. God made us, and He says because He has made us, He will bear us. He's not like, "Well, yeah, I made you, but you're not so cool anymore, so I'm just going to leave you in the closet. I'll deal with you when the time comes." God is not cold and distant. He will bear us through the good, bad, and ugly.

4. God will carry us. He will save us. All of us need saving.We need saving from our sins. We need saving from the daily problems in our lives. Financial problems. Addiction problems. Worry. Doubt.  Every person reading this needs saving. And this verse says He will save. Not maybe or can or might. HE WILL SAVE.

And sometimes, He will save us, by carrying us.

"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you." Footprints in the Sand by Mary Stevenson

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment