Friday, June 21, 2013

God Delivers

When Jeremiah first started prophesying God's words, he was, " only a youth." So he was a wee bit afraid of this whole prophet thing. God specifically told him, ,twice, "For I am with you to deliver you."

Jeremiah was probably thinking, "Dude, the religious leaders will not appreciate me saying this stuff. They will kill me. Or just laugh me out of town because I'm a 'clueless kid.'" Safe guess that that's how most of us would have felt if we were in Jeremiah's shoes.

But God told him, "For I am with you to deliver you." That is awesome. That is power. That is strength. That is confidence.

Take that personally for all of your struggles. No matter what they are, take this to heart. God is with us to deliver us. Anxiety? God delivers! Fear? God delivers! Doubt? God delivers! Death? Everlasting life, so I'd say God seriously delivers! Emotional, physical, spiritual, God delivers!

That hedge of blessing, protection, and God-power is around us. Use it.

---Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment