Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rainbows

"And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living that is with you, for all future generations: I have set  my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all the flesh. and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."" Genesis 9:12-16

The rainbow was never seen until after the flood, and it came to mean that the earth would never be destroyed with a flood.

The rainbow has come to mean a lot more to me. When I see a rainbow, it's not just a, "Thanks God for not flooding the whole earth again." It has become a beacon that God is not going to flood my life. That no matter what good or bad thing that is happening to me, God is not going to let me drown. You know when people say that God will never give you more then you can handle? To me, the rainbow is the physical expression behind that statement.

God loves us. He cares for us. And the rainbow can be viewed as another way of reminding us.

It makes life so much easier when you remember that God cares for you. When you remember how He cares for the little birds, and realize, how much more does He care for you?

"Even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139:10

God has us. He cares for us. He holds us in His hands. Remember that.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment