Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"Poured Out. Filled Up. Ready To Go."

And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, You young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams, And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy. Acts 2:17-18

Once again we have a verse that is talking about sons and daughters. Sons and daughters that have had the Holy Spirit poured out upon them. Can you imagine what that moment must have been like when ...suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.

I hope you caught that! 'Suddenly a sound could be heard from heaven.' Everyone always says that it was the Holy Spirit coming in like a mighty rushing wind and that it was the sound of His coming that could be heard. I have a thought about that because the thing is, it isn't what it says. It doesn't say that a mighty rushing wind came. It says, "that there came a sound from heaven." It says the sound they heard, from heaven, filled the whole house. It says it sounded like a mighty rushing wind. Jesus said, Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. John 16:7 It also says in Matthew 3:11 "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."

So, here is my thought on the matter. Try this experiment with me. Cup your hand in front of your mouth and say the word. "Go!" like you mean it. Did you feel the breath of air? I believe the sound that could be heard coming FROM HEAVEN was sound of the breath of Jesus telling the Holy Spirit to, "Go," and that the 'tongues of fire' was the Holy Spirit landing, baptizing with fire just as we were told that He would do.

The disciples were in this room waiting for the Promise because Jesus had told them to. Acts 1:5 "for John truly baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." The believed, waited, and received exactly what Jesus had promised them. They lived their lives as 'sons of God' from this moment on.

The word above tells us that He is going to pour out His Spirit on all flesh and His sons, and daughters will prophesy. So, I'm here to tell you as His daughter, "Get ready! Get ready! Get ready! Say, "Yes!" Say, Yes, to Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Say, "Yes!" to the Holy Spirit and being baptized with fire. Don't be a scoffer on the sidelines saying, "They are full of new wine." Get ready because ... There is about to be a move of My Spirit in the Earth. Put on your listening ears and you will hear the sound of the rumble as I begin to move. You will feel the shake and it will be a move that is volcanic in nature! There will be an eruption, an overflowing of the things Spirit so that all who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment