Thursday, January 30, 2014

"His Guarantee"

And He taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine, Harken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow. And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side. Some fell on stony ground. Some fell among thorns, and other fell on good ground. Mark 4:2-8

I know that the parable of the sower has a lot to teach us about the various soil conditions or rather the condition of our hearts but today I would like to make mention of something that the Lord brought to my attention. It is just a really simple thought. One that I'm sure you know already but it is also the thought that I haven't been able to set aside for about a week now, so here I am, sharing it with you.

It is a thought about the seed. The same seed was sown in all four types of soil. The same seed that fell by the way side was also sown in the stony ground. It was also the same seed that was sown in the thorns and in the good soil. In all four ground types the seed did what seeds do. It got planted. It started to germinate and grow even if it was only for a little while. It did what seeds do until it was stolen away, beat up, choked, or allowed to fulfill its whole purpose of producing fruit. It was the same seed and it automatically did what seeds do because that is how it works!

When asked by His disciples to explain this parable Jesus told them that the seed was the Word of God. So, what I think is that today, He would have us remember, that His Word works! It will always, always, always, ALWAYS automatically work if we will just plant it! Just so you know, it isn't my opinion but His! Matter of fact He even guarantees it!  
                           
                                    His Guarantee
For as the rain comes down and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment