Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Best Part of Christmas

It's the day after Christmas, and sometimes people ask me, "What was your favorite present?" or "What was the best part of your Christmas?"

When I was little, the answer was easy: my favorite, new toy. When I got older it changed to new clothes or a book I had been begging for all year.

This year I adored seeing the looks of each and everyone family member and friend as they opened their presents, and as they watched us open our presents. It is the kind of joy that comes from God.

"In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

And as wonderful as this Christmas was, nothing will ever match the joy God experiences when His children open the greatest present He has ever given them. His Son's gift of life. 

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

"For my eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel." Luke 2:30-32

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God."
Ephesians 2:8

And I think that's the best part of Christmas. Every year.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment