Tuesday, December 3, 2013

"Are You Persuaded?"

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39

I love this passage of scripture! It reminds me that no matter what, God still loves me. It also reminds me of how much I love Him! I think my favorite words are these three words, "I am persuaded."  I am persuaded that I am a conqueror in times of tribulation because I know that He loves me and He is with me! I am persuaded that I am a conqueror when I am distressed because I know that He loves me and He will help see me through! I am persuaded that I am more than a conqueror during persecution for His name sake because I know that He loves me and that He honors those who honor Him! I am persuaded that I am a conqueror in times of famine and nakedness because I know that He loves me and 'He knows what I have need of' and He will provide for all my needs. I am persuaded that I am a conqueror in times of peril because I know that He loves me and He is my sword, 'my shield and my buckler.'

There is nothing that can separate us from His love for us. It is constant and ever present. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. His love for us, His creation, never changes. His love is the lifeline that sees us through and it is the one thing that we can always count on. His love for us is the thing that is more powerful than death, life, angels, (including fallen angels),principalities and powers, heights, depths, or any created thing.

I too, am persuaded that nothing can separate us from  His love and ...

As for me and my house, we will LOVE the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment