Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"Don't Be A Blue Donkey"

Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel: "My way is hidden from the Lord, and my just claim is passed over by my God?"

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. There is no searching of His understanding

He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.

Even youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall,

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:27-31

So, here we have a very tactful response to what I would call an 'Eeyore' complex/mentality. You know the one, "Woe is me." "Everything/everyone is against me." "God doesn't hear my prayers." I think if we are to be totally honest we all suffer from such a 'woe is me' complex at one time or another during our lifetime. Personally I think my response might simply be, "Stop your whining! Of course He hears you!" Verse 28 is such a better way to address this 'God has forgotten me,' attitude and to bring about a measure of reassurance to the person feeling this way.

Instead of my, "Stop your whining," approach we get to see a gentler, kinder way to handle it with this,  wait, remember who He is! He is the Everlasting God. The Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth! He never faints or gets weary and there is no understanding His plan and purposes. He gives power when we are weak and increases our strength when we need increased strength!

Everyone, even youths get tired and weary ... But, but, but, but, BUT those who WAIT on the Lord SHALL renew their strength; they SHALL mount up with wings like eagles, ..."

According to the Strong's Concordance the word wait means; to bind together (perh. by twisting). So, the next time you are feeling blue, with your head hanging down, your tail held on by a safety pin and "Woe is me." is coming out your mouth remember! Remember who He is and that the best way to move beyond an Eeyore moment is to wait on God. Don't be a blue donkey! Bind your circumstances up together with Him and then watch Him help you soar!




No comments:

Post a Comment