Thursday, September 26, 2013

"Whose Likeness?"

As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.
Psalm 17:15

I love this verse! It reminds me that the goal is to look like Him. To walk, talk, and act like Him. To serve like Him. Most of all, to Love like Him.

Jesus used words like, "If you've seen Me than you've seen the Father."  or "The Father and I are one." He was the best example at mirroring the likeness of His Father. In Hebrews 1:3 it says that Jesus is an 'exact  representation' or as another version puts it the 'express image' of the Father's glory. In plain English, He takes after His Dad! His words and deeds always reflected His Father's heart. Whose likeness do we reflect to those around us. Do our actions truly reflect His heart for our lives and for the lives we touch?

Psalm 40 says that, "Many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord." As we let Him have more and more control of our actions and as we let Him work in and through us we will be a brighter reflection of Him.  Many will be drawn into His presence when we too can hear words like, "You act just like your Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment