Saturday, September 28, 2013

"Saw The State Of Things"

Now it happened the day after that He went into a city called Nain; and many of His disciples went with Him, and a large crowd.

And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her.
    
When the Lord saw her He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep."
    
Then He came and touched he open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, "Young man, I say to you arise."
    
And he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.
    
Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God saying, "A great prophet has risen up among us"; and, "God has visited His people."
    
And this report about Him went throughout all Judea and all the surrounding region. Luke 7:11-17

I feel like the people of the day. I have such a desire to share this event with you and spread the news to the whole world that, "God has visited His people!" Jesus is so amazing and I love Him so much! Did you know that You can tell that someone is loved by the way they are talked about! If you love someone you can't stop talking about all the things you love about them. So, once again I have to use these words in reference to this event in my Lord's life. "It is one of my favorite!" I know I have a lot of favorites but I can't help myself. He is so amazing, wonderful, and awesome! I love that He comes across a funeral procession, sees a mom's sorrow, and does something about it! He doesn't see the state of things, feel bad for her, and keep moving. Instead, because of His compassion for this woman's sorrow He uses three little words, "Do not weep." and then proceeds to make that a reality in her life. He turned a time of death and great sorrow into a time of celebration and rejoicing. He took this young man's trip to the grave and instead gave him a second chance at life. The thing that I love most about this event is that He did it, not because of any one's great faith, but because He saw the state of things and cared enough to change them!

This event in the life of my Savior reminds me of the moment He said to the Father, "I'll go. I'll pay the price."  It reminds me of the moment He cried, "It is finished!" He conquered death, hell, and the grave to give us life just because He saw our need for a Savior and He cared enough!

But I am poor and needy; Yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer;  Psalm 41:17a

Ps: It says that he who was dead sat up and began to speak. I wonder what his first words were? What are ours?

No comments:

Post a Comment