Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Great Stand

Jesus foretells the disciples that they will all abandon Him in His hour of need. "Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me." John 16:32

Sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

"And immediately, while he was still speaking, Judas came, one of the twelve, and with him a crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders....And Jesus said to them, 'Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs to capture me? Day after day I was with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize me. But let the Scriptures be fulfilled.' And they (His disciples) all left Him and fled." Mark 14:43, 48-50

There will be moments in all our lives where we need to make a stand for what and Who we believe. There will be more moments in our lives where we will be called upon as a source of strength, encouragement, and another body who will stand up. Sometimes, it's not about our great stand, but standing up with a friend for their great stand.

Jesus has more great stands coming up in the future. I want the courage to be standing there with Him.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment