Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Battle Unseen

"And behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees. And he said to me, 'O Daniel, man greatly loved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for now I have been sent to you." And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. Then he said to me, 'Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words. The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia, and came to make you understand what is to happen to your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come.' " Daniel 10:10-14

Daniel was praying for an interpretation to a vision he had, but it took 3 weeks for that answer to come, because the messenger had been fighting the forces of evil alone. One of the archangels, Michael, had to come and help fend of the evil forces in order for Daniel's message to be delivered.

Whether we want to acknowledge it or not, there is a spiritual realm. The forces of God and Satan fight daily over us. And Satan wants to stop any answer to prayer, any message of hope, and any interpretation that God sends us. You are greatly loved by God, so He is not going to ignore you prayers. He is answering them.

When you feel like you hear nothing back from God, you need to first ask yourself, are you standing in the way of receiving God's message? If your own attitude is not what's causing the problem, then you need to pray. Pray for the battle you can't see. And don't lose faith while you wait for the answer. It's coming.

P.S. Keep in mind that God usually answers in His still, small voice. Don't be watching for the writing on the wall (That was a bad message, too!). Listen for God's voice.





No comments:

Post a Comment