Sunday, September 8, 2013

"Lay eyes On Him"

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. Psalm 63:1-2

As a foster mom I have had the privilege of loving some pretty awesome little ones. Two years ago a little four month old little girl and her two older brothers came to live with me. I had them six and a half months. During that time the baby and I formed an especially close bond. Last year a six month old little guy and his older two year old brother came to stay. They lived with me eleven months before they went home to mom and dad. Again the baby and I became really close and luckily for me I also developed a pretty good relationship with both sets of parents! I say that because it means that I didn't have to say goodbye forever! I get to see them each week when they come and spend a night visiting me.

I tell you all that because there is that moment when I show up to pick them up for their weekly visit that is the BEST! They spot me, yell my name, their little faces light up, and they run for all they are worth to get to me. They jump into my arms and I get the best hugs and kisses ever. The little three year old that I have now does the same thing when I show up at daycare to pick him up each day. There is something about that moment when all their excitement at your presence makes something amazing happens in your own heart. That moment isn't just about how much they love you and their pleasure, its also about how much you love them and the pleasure you feel as you lay eyes on them!

I think it must be like that with God! He loves when we come to him with all our adoration because He first adored us! I hope your visits with Him in the sanctuary are filled with that same moment of recognition, pleasure, and adoration when you lay eyes on Him each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment