Saturday, September 14, 2013

"The Group Of One"

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

As you may have guessed today's snack is about being thankful. I've had a number of opportunities lately to be thankful. Lots in fact! The 'in everything give thanks' implies both good and bad. So for all that 'Hard' things that have been happening I have been 'praying without ceasing' and He has been providing. That means I have been doing a lot thanking!

I taught a lesson this week on the Ten Lepers and how only one came back to thank Jesus to my first graders. At the end the question was asked, "Which one did the right thing?" The ones who received and kept moving or the one who took time to say, "Thanks!" and to praise Him for His kindness? They obviously knew and chose the correct answer even though they are little.

Anyways, I would like to take a minute and make sure that I'm part of the ONE who says, "Thanks!" How about you? Which group will you be in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment