Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Key to Being Blessed"

Then Amos answered, and said to Amaziah: "I was no prophet, Nor was I a son of a prophet, But I was a herdsman And a tender of sycamore fruit. Then the Lord took me as I followed the flock, And The Lord said to me, 'Go, prophesy to My people Israel.' Amos 7:14-15

Amos is busy telling Amaziah that the prophecy he had just delivered, and those to come, were not his idea, they were God's.  He wasn't anyone special. He was just your everyday, hardworking guy that God called and equipped to do a job. Its nice to know that God can use everyday people like Amos, you, and I. Amos was minding his own business tending his flock and his fruit crop of sycamore trees when God called him to speak for Him. The cool thing - Amos heard him and obeyed!

Its nice to know that I don't have to be anyone special to be called by him. I just need to hear his message and deliver it to whom he wishes. Today that someone is you and the message is this:

And it happened, as He spoke these things, that a certain woman from the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which nursed You!" But He said, "More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!" Luke 11:28

Want to be blessed? Its simple. Listen and obey!

No comments:

Post a Comment