Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dealing with Your God-Fix-This List

"Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, and high praise was on my tongue." Psalm 66:16-17

So the author of this Psalm told those who feared God to come and hear; He would tell them what God had done for him, for when he cried out to God, high praise was on his tongue.

There is a footnote in my Bible for the word "on." In Hebrew the word used was "under." So high praise was under his tongue.

Seeing this verse and the footnote made me think: what if we had high praise on our tongue rather then under our tongue? What if instead of going to God with our please-fix-this list, we went to Him with high praise first? If we first went to God with praise, instead of a long list of stuff that needs to be fixed, then wouldn't that in itself help fix the problem? Praising God frees us because God freed our souls. So instead of focusing on all the things that need to be fixed, give God high praise.

It's the best way to deal with our fix-it list.

---Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment