Saturday, April 6, 2013

You Never Really Graduate

My aunt has been working in the youth group for a LONG time. And one of the things I have heard her say the most is that she has seen a lot of kids walk away when they get to "That Age."

In my short time, I've seen some kids completely walk away, too.

I knew someone who use to say it was the age when you "knew it all."

"Cease to hear instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge." Proverbs 19:27

And my Bible has this as a linked verse:

"For it would have been better for them never to have known the way to righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them." 2 Peter 2:21

Kids in school never pay attention to the review. They already know it.

When we think we know it all, we stop paying attention. We stop listening. We zone out during church services, prayer, and Bible reading.

NEWSFLASH: GOD'S WORD ALWAYS HAS FRESH REVELATIONS!

You see, you never really know it all. And when you think you do, you start to slip.

Please.

Don't.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment