Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"When Did We?"

"... COME, YOU BLESSED OF MY FATHER, INHERIT THE KINGDOM PREPARED FOR YOU FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD...for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me."

Then the righteous will answer Him saying ... "WHEN DID WE...?"

"...ASSUREDLY, I SAY TO YOU, INASMUCH AS YOU DID IT TO THE LEAST OF THESE MY BRETHREN, YOU DID IT TO ME."

I couldn't help but meditate on these words of Jesus found in Matthew 25:34-46 this morning as I watched a two year old little boy who came to live with me last evening devour his pancakes, yogurt, sausages, strawberries, and milk this morning. He would look up at me, grin and go in for another bite. He cleaned his plate and couldn't have seemed more pleased with himself.  We then got him dressed in an outfit that I dug up for Him since the clothes he came with were in need of a good wash. When he was all dressed, I got a big hug, again accompanied with a big grin!

More often than not, when people hear that I am a foster parent the next words out of their mouths is, "How do you do it? I could never do that! I would get to attached."

My answer, "Yes, I get attached!, Yes, its hard to let them go! Trust me, I cry!  I love them!" But my question is, "How do I not?" The "least of these" need me.

Think: We all have the least of these in our lives. When did you NOTICE the LEAST OF THESE in your life?"








No comments:

Post a Comment