Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mountain Climbing

"But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:14-15

Lately, I've been struggling with something that makes it hard for me to keep my hope, to have no fear of the future, to really put it all in God's hands.

This is something we humans often struggle with in life.

It's like when I climb halfway up this mountain I'm against, an avalanche of circumstances drags me back to the bottom.

The weight of it gets heavier every time. The strain of digging myself out, and starting my climb all over again gets harder each time.

I founds several verses today that really addressed this for me, and touched me.

"...Do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread." Isaiah 8:12 b

I have let fear and dread and anxiety rule me. No more. Yes, there is a mountain to climb. No, I don't see how I am going to climb over this mountain. But God will provide the rope and anything else I need. Life will keep happening, but God will not leave me hanging, so I will not fear anymore.

I will laugh in the face of the mountain, and I will not fear.

---Joy

P.S. And when I stop spazing, I can see how God's been taking care of me all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment