Sunday, August 11, 2013

"You Are My God"

But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies. Psalm 31:14-15

I just really want to take this opportunity to praise Him for His amazing presence and for all the prayers these past few days.  It is awesome how He provides even in the midst of an ordeal! I am a foster parent and the little guy I have with me at the moment had some medical issues this week where we ended up being shipped down to the big hospital in the southern part of the state. As things unfolded each step of the way it was more than apparent that His presence was with us, going before us, and making a way for things in ways that at first glance could have been a problem but instead it turned out those same things went from being issues to blessings!

One such example is this.  Because we had gone down by ambulance I needed to call and find someone who could make the trip down and pick us up and bring us home. Its an hour and a half - two hour drive back.  My ride came and at 1:30 in the morning the ER decides we are free to go home.  Off we go to the parking lot of this huge hospital with lots of entrances. My ride doesn't know which entrance he came in so we need to find the car.  We are in the general vicinity that he thinks its in.  We are looking, haven't found the car yet. All of a sudden my little guy drops and is out. I scoop him up and run him back to the hospital where he now gets the help he needs. My ride is beating himself up and blaming himself because of the hunting for the car thing.

My immediate response is, " No, its a blessing. We were still in the parking lot and able to get him the help he needed quickly instead of being up on the highway in the middle of nowhere. Those of you who know the highway in New England know how long it is between exits!  My ride is someone who always knows! He is an extremely sharp guy. Never in a million years would he not know where he parked his car. There were three different times this happened during this whole experience. When something seemed to be a problem, a hindrance but it really turned out to be the provision that made help possible! 

It is so nice to know that He has me and mine in the palm of His hands and He is taking care of everything even when I don't see or recognize it right away!

"You are my God! My times are in your hand!"





No comments:

Post a Comment