Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wedding Psalm

Psalm 45

The introduction in my Bible says, “Your Throne, O God, Is Forever. To the choirmaster: according to Lilies. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah; a love song.”

This psalm is very beautiful to me, as I am getting married today.

Verse 1:

“My heart overflows with a pleasing theme; I address my verses to the king; my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe.”

I know my heart overflows with a pleasing theme today. I can’t thank God enough!

Verses 13-17:

“All glorious is the princess in her chamber, with robes interwoven with gold. In many-colored robes she is led to the king, with her virgin companions following behind her. With joy and gladness they are led along as they enter the palace of the king. In place of your fathers shall be your sons; you will make them princes in all the earth. I will cause your name to be remembered in all generations; therefore nations will praise you forever and ever.”

Today I feel like a princess marrying my king. But today is so much more then me and my love. Today is the day God’s truest love triumphs in our lives! Today our covenant with God and each other reflects God’s truest covenant of love---the one with us, His Bride. Today remember that you are God’s love. His priceless love. Wherever you are today, whatever you are doing, remember that.

---Joy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment