Thursday, August 22, 2013

Springs of Refreshing

“Singers and dancers alike say, ‘All my springs are in you.” Psalm 87:7

One of the implications of springs in the Bible is spiritual refreshing. Think of the Israelites who spent three days in the desert looking for water, and then the water in Marah was bitter! God told Moses to throw a log into the waters, and they became sweet. What about Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well? She had come to the well seeking physical water, and she left with spiritually satisfying water! A major lesson to be learned in both these stories is that God is the one who gives spiritual refreshment.

The writers of this psalm knew that. They knew that when they needed refreshing from the world, or when they were at a physical low, they needed to seek out God. It was probably a daily thing for them.

I know that when I feel spiritually refreshed, I am happy. Giddy even! There is a spring in my step that can not be denied.

When God refreshes your soul, there is a spring in your step! When you are brought to the springs, you drink, and you leave feeling incredible. Or we should! Is a passerby able to see how you have been changed, that you have a secret greater then the Mona Lisa, that you are refreshed?

All my springs God, from the spiritual to the physical, they are all in You, my God!

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment