Friday, November 8, 2013

We, the Previously Prophesied

"This charge I entrust to you, Timothy, my child, in accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscious. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith." 1 Timothy 1:18-19

When I was reading this, I stopped and asked my husband, "Did you ever realize that Timothy had prophesies spoken over him?" He says, "No, but that doesn't surprise me."

"But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.'" Isaiah 43:1

God has called each and everyone one of us by name. He has spoken words over our lives. Some of His people are paying attention, and heard some of these things, which they then share with us.

But if you're thinking you've never had a prophesy spoken over you, don't feel left out.There have always been prophecies spoken over us. The first being when God said, "I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine."

That right there, is our sword for warfare. Remembering that God has prophesied grand things over us, starting with us belonging to Him, will hold us to faith and good conscience. By keeping this very basic truth at the center of our hearts, we will always be going strong, and wreck free.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment