Friday, November 15, 2013

"The Generation To Come"

I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word. Deal bountifully with Your servant, that I may live and keep Your word. Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law. Psalm 119:16-18

The wondrous thing that He showed me today is found in  Psalm 102:18. It says, "This will be written for the generation to come, that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord." No, this verse  isn't painting a picture of water being heaped to make a path through the sea, the sun standing still, or even a battle being won with a water pitcher, light, and a shout, but it is still declaring something wondrous! You and I have His Word before us for a reason. We get to know Him!

In Habakkuk 2:2  it says, "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."We get to have a better understanding of Him because He had people write it down for us. We get to read about Him every day and see ALL the wondrous things He has done for us. He had it written for us so that we could know Him.

I don't know about you but I delight myself in His Word every day. Not because I have to but because I love getting to know Him. I love all the wondrous things He reveals to me as I look to Him to make my path clear. I delight myself in His Word and I praise Him every day because every day my love for Him grows deeper as He reveals more of Himself to me through His word.

Thank you Lord for your Word in my Life. Thanks you for seeing me generations down the line and writing it down for me. Lord, open my eyes and help me to see more of you every day.


  



No comments:

Post a Comment