Thursday, November 21, 2013

"As Motivational Speeches Go"

And because He loved your fathers, therefore He chose their descendants after them; and He brought you out of Egypt with His Presence, with His mighty power, driving out from before you nations greater and mightier than you, to bring you in, to give their land as an inheritance, as it is this day. Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart, that The Lord Himself is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other. You shall therefore keep His statutes and His commandments which I command you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which the Lord your God is giving you for all time. Deuteronomy 4:37-40

As I was reading today I came upon this highly motivational speech given by Moses. It spoke to me because I had just seen them quoating all these different Presidents on a news show this week and it hit me that as far as speeches go none would compare with the Moses gave in Deutoronomy chapters 4 & 5. In my Bible its titled 'A Call To Obedience.'

Please take time to read it 'this day, and consider it in your heart.' Personally it has fanned the flame to choose to declare Him Lord of all that pertains to me and mine and that it will be well with me and with those that come after me for all time.

Lord let these words that motivated your people in times past bring a renewed passion in the hearts of your people today that we might shake the complacency from our relationship with you and instead get a renewed hunger for face to face with you!

The Lord did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, those who are here today, all of us who are alive. The Lord talked with you face to face on the mountains from the midst of the fire. Deuteronmy 5:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment