Friday, May 1, 2015

"Your Words, O Lord"


 
Psalm 119:97-112

Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.
   You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; For they are ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation.
   I understand more than the ancients, Because I keep Your precepts.
I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I may keep Your word.
   I have not departed from Your judgements, For You Yourself have taught me.
How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter  than honey to my mouth!
   Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way.
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
   I have sworn and confirmed That I will keep Your righteous judgements.
I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.
   Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, And teach me Your judgements.
My life is continually in my hand, Yet I do not forget Your law.
   The wicked have laid a snare for me, Yet I have not strayed from Your precepts.
Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, For they are the rejoicing of my heart.
   I have inclined my heart to perform Your statues Forever, to the very end.

With words like these is it any wonder that Psalm 119 is known as the wisdom Psalm? I have to admit it is probably my favorite Psalm of all! It always reminds me of how much His words mean to me. How about you? Does your love for His word shine through in the words you speak? Is His word sweeter to you than honey or say, chocolate? Do you approach His word with the idea that it will speak to you and shine a light on the way you are to go. Do you keep your eyes on His precepts when the enemy set snares that trip you up? Do you keep His word before your eyes and in your heart? 

Psalm 119 start to finish is all about the word of God and its effects on our life. What about verse 9 and 11 where it says, 'How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to your word.' and 'Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.' How do we stay close to God? How do we make the right choices? How do we not miss the mark and sin? By taken heed to His words! By His words He spoke all of creation into being and by His words He will lead guide and provide for you. He spoke and promised to never leave and for sake you. Listen to Him. Let Him lead. Heed not just His words but His voice as He speaks into your life. He is for you not against you.Heed His words for by them you will overcome!

"Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. This book of the Law shall not depart from Your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:7-9

Seems to me in the natural that it would be pretty silly to expect someone to be with you as an expert guide along the way and you never talked to them or more importantly if you never listened to them along the way!

God is our expert Guide! He knows what He is talking about! His word will always be the best advice! His word is the lamp to your feet (so you don't stumble along the way) and the light that illuminates your path. (showing you whats up ahead) I hope that like the Psalmist you too can say, "Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, For they are the rejoicing of my heart. I have inclined my heart to perform Your statues Forever, to the very end."

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment