Tuesday, May 19, 2015

He Notices

He would never notice.

She inched closer while simultaneously dodging the stomping feet around. She had to stay close to the ground. She was more likely to pass through the crowd this way. They wouldn't notice her or try to fight her. One by one, she shoved her way through them. The pain wouldn't let her stand straight anyways.

"Just one touch." It had become her mantra. "Even then just the hem of his garment, and I'll be made whole."

Lord knew the doctors hadn't been able to do that.

But Jesus could.

He could spare a little for her. He would never notice.

Her heartbeat sped up when she saw him. This was it. She dove in-between the legs of the people surrounding him.

She reached.

She felt the hem slip through her fingers.

The crowd kept moving as she fell into a heap on the ground. She could feel it. It had worked. She was whole! The flow had dried up for the first time in twelve years. It had worked! Tears of joy filled her eyes.

The crowd stopped moving around her.

Along with her heart when he spoke. "Who was it that touched me?"

Based on Luke 8:40-45

I feel like I write about this section so much, but there is just so much in here.

Have you ever thought about why this woman dove for him in secret? Everyone else went right up to Jesus' face and asked for healing. She came up behind Him, just looking for the hem of His garment. Just enough power to heal her, but not enough that He would notice He had healed her.

She didn't think Jesus would notice her. She didn't think He would realize that she had touched Him.

I've got news for you. He will always notice you. He knows when you touch Him. There could be a billion other people singing praise, screaming prayers, and performing miracles at this very second, but God still notices you.

When you reach out with your heart for healing, or love, or help, He notices. You're not just one in the crowd. You're relationship with God isn't like your relationship with Taylor Swift. You're not just one of a thousand faces in a crowd. God's got your picture on His wallet.


"O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,' even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:1-16

If you have a heart to touch God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, then believe this: He notices.

V. Joy Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment