Saturday, May 16, 2015

Cry Out To The Lord!

"I cry out to the Lord; I plead for the Lord's mercy.

I pour out my complaint's before him and tell him all my troubles.

For I am overwhelmed, and You alone know the way I should turn. Wherever I go, my enemies have set traps for me.

I look for someone to come and help, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me.

Then I pray to You, O Lord, I say, "You are my place of refuge, You are all I really want in life.

Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.

Bring me out of prison so I can thank You. The godly will crowd around me, for You treat me kindly." Psalm 142

I saw this psalm today, and it jumped out at me. I feel very strongly that there are many brothers and sisters out there that are hurting,need encouragement, and that need to be reminded that God is there for them.

Don't be so independent that you feel you have to do this alone. If you are in a place where you are hurting, where you desperately need help, then you need to call on God for that help. Don't let your pride interfere. Don't think that you need to do this alone. Don't think that you are alone. You are, most certainly, not alone. God is always with you. Don't lose hope.

Jesus told us that the world would hate us for His sake. Don't be surprised when it does, but don't lose your faith because the times are evil. God often takes us out of a low place and brings us to a whole new level, closer to him than we were before. Look at Job. He lost everything, but God brought back more than he had before. He is more than capable of doing the same thing for you.

"Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice."
Isaiah 41:10

Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment