Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Its Worth It"

Have you not know? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. There is no searching of His understanding. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:28-31 

I don't know about you but these are some of my favorite verses. When ever I am in a tough situation or going through a hard time this is where I find myself. To be honest I can open my Bible and it will open to the page these verses are on because it is a well read page! I find His promise to give power to the weak, increase my strength, and to mount up with wings like eagles to be just the right words to encourage faith when I'm feeling the pressures of life.

These verses tell me that all I have to do to receive His power and strength when I'm feeling weak and powerless is to wait on Him. Simple right? Actually it is! The word wait here means 'to adhere to' according to the Strong's Concordance. So every time I'm feeling like I need strength to get through the day I 'adhere' to Him and receive His strength. Every time I'm hit by a storm I 'adhere' to Him and He gives me the strength to ...'soar with wings like eagles' which is actually my favorite part of this promise because of the truth it reveals. It means that if I 'adhere' to Him and His word in my life then I get to do what eagles do in a storm. An eagle doesn't go to ground when a storm hits like so many of us do. An eagle takes to the sky and soars till he is up high above the storm. What that truth speaks to me is simply this ... If I 'adhere' to Him, I also get to soar high above the storm instead of having to suffer under the brunt it!

God Bless and don't forget to "adhere!" Its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment