Monday, April 20, 2015

"Believe That ....."

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” Mark 11:24

"Believe that you receive them," sounds simple, right? Check out my logic or rather this conclusion ...

First, before you answer the above question we are going to take a look at the meaning of the word believe according to the Strong's Concordance; 4100-to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ)

So, do you believe that the words of Jesus are the truth? Have you entrusted Jesus with your well being?

When Jesus spoke the above words to His disciples it was in answer to the disciple's incredulous realization that the words Jesus had spoken to the fig tree actually caused it to 'be dried up from the roots' and it had withered away just because He told it too.

How about you? Do believe that His words have the power to cause what He speaks to come to pass?

In Luke 6:46-47 Jesus also said, "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say? Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like.' (a wise builder who builds his house upon the rock) You know, someone who believes His words are truth and that they will come to pass.

What about John 8:28 and John 14:10 where Jesus said "...and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things." "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works," So, according to Jesus He speaks only the words that the Father gives Him to speak and what that means is He cursed the fig tree and spoke,  "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” Mark 11:24 to His disciples, His followers,  because Both He and the Father wanted them and us to understand that we can entrust them with the things we bring before them!

Jesus said, "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” So, the question remains, Do you ask believing? Are His words truth? Is it really that simple?

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13


No comments:

Post a Comment