Saturday, December 13, 2014

Run with Endurance

"So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong." Hebrews 12:12-13

I don't know about you, but I have felt really weary of late. But I can't give up. I can't let those distractions and trials take me down. God has been moving in my church. The church was been growing, and I want to be there. There are young people who are growing in their faith, who look up to me to show them how be to a Christian.

I feel like the disciples who kept falling asleep in the garden while Jesus prayed. That no matter how hard I try, I'm just going to fall asleep again, and let Him down.

But I can't. We can't. If we call ourselves Christians and are followers of Jesus, we don't just get to stop. We are called to a Holy purpose. Our calling transcends our momentary feelings. Depression, anger, exhaustion these are but a few of the things that we must overcome.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1

When things look dark, don't give up. When things are too hard, don't let go. When you don't want to read your Bible or go to Church, that's when you need to be there the most. God doesn't give us more than we can bear. Remember that.

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me me strength." Philippians 4:13

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment