Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Hope that you have had a great day so far, filled with presents and family and food. I have to admit, when I was a kid, I loved the great Christmas Day feast almost as much as the presents! Now, the feast is my favorite part of the day! Except for one.

The look that I see when someone I love is blessed or excited about the gift that I gave them. That is my absolute favorite part of Christmas. Do you know that blessing you is God's favorite part of Christmas, too?


Now, we won't find any Christmas presents with a sticker that says "From God" or "From Jesus", but that doesn't mean that He isn't giving us gifts.

"Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us His true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession." James 1:17-18

I want you to take a minute right now and thank God for everything you received today. Even if you didn't get any presents, thank Him for what you already have, like a home. A bed. A family. Friends. Your very life. God has giving you all these things, plus Salvation through Jesus' death on the cross.

As we celebrate today, we remember the reason that we celebrate. Jesus was born this day, 2,000 years ago to pay for our sins, so that we could be saved and be His new family. He gave His very life for us. That is the best Christmas gift we could ever get.


Merry Christmas from everyone here at Snack Time Devotions!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment