Thursday, December 10, 2015

"Living A Life Of Faith ... Will We?"

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would afterward receive as an inheritance. And he went out not knowing where he was going.  Hebrews 11:8

By faith Abraham obeyed. I love those words! They speak to me. They speak to that part of me that longs to please God! They remind me that the biggest part of living a life of faith simply involves obedience. 'By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out ... to the place which he would afterward receive as an inheritance.' By faith Abraham's obedience caused him to step out of the place He was in and to go out to a place that was unknown. He left the safety and security of home and the known to go to place that was totally unknown all because he had God's call to go... Now the Lord had said to Abram:
      "Get out of your country, from your kindred and Your father's house, to the land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you; and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." Genesis 12:1-3

God called ... Abraham obeyed. God called him and by faith Abraham stepped out ...and ... stepped into an inheritance and an abundance of blessing!

By faith Abraham obeyed and answered his call from God. As believers we to need to make a similar choice.
      Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."
      And as He walked by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
      Then Jesus said to them, "Come after Me, and I will make you become fishers of men."
      And immediately they left their nets and followed Him.
      When He had gone a little further from there, He saw James the Son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who were in the boat mending their nets.
      And immediately He called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants, and went after Him." Mark 1:14-20

Abraham, the disciples, and you and I all have the same chance to obey when He calls. If we, like Abraham, and the disciples, heed His voice to come and or to go then we too will step into an inheritance and a multitude of blessing. If we will obey His call then like Abraham and the disciples we too will get to be a blessing to others!

Abraham, by faith obeyed the call ... even though it meant stepping into the unknown ... Will we?

After all, a true servant understands this truth about surrendering to His authority.

      "For I also am a man placed under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to one, "Go," and he goes; and to another, "Come," and he comes; and to my servant, "Do this," and he dos it." Luke 7:8

No comments:

Post a Comment