Tuesday, November 17, 2015

"Wait On The Lord"

The first time I ever heard these words was during a time in my life when I was desperate for God to hear my prayers. I actually didn't read them but heard them being sung by Kent Henry in a worship song that I no longer remember the name of. What I do remember is that singing those words and worshiping with that song got me through a particularly hard time. I remember playing that song over and over and over because those words spoke to part of me that was desperate to believe that God was with me through it all.

      I would have lost heart, unless I had believed, That I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
      Wait on the Lord, Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalm 27:13-14

For me, (even though at the time I didn't really understand it) I did the very thing verse 14 is telling us to do. As I sang that song over and over and over I was "waiting " on the Lord. The word wait (6960) here means 'to bind together with' and as I sang these words over and over and over it caused both my faith and my hope to be in Him and Him alone. It brought me to a place of being bound to Him and it caused me to keep my eyes fixed on Him and the promises of His Word To see His goodness! As I bound / waited on Him in my worship it brought me through the desperation I felt in my situation to a place of confidence in Him and His ability to not only hear my cries but His ability to be at work in and through it as well! As I waited on Him in my worship it caused me to trust Him to bring about His goodness!

The thing is, we all have times and seasons where the only way through is to WAIT on Him! It's important...Don't lose heart! Bind yourself to Him! Praise, worship, pray! Cry out to Him! Grab a hold of His promises and His goodness will always show itself strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment