Thursday, November 5, 2015

"The Keys"




   Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon BarJonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
   And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
   And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:17-19

Lord, that we too would be blessed in our knowledge and understanding of who You are! Lord, that we would walk in such a way that we would, like Peter, reveal the understanding that You and the Holy Spirit impart to us who are called by Your name, to all those around us. And Lord, help us to know that You have truely given us the keys to the kingdom as well as the authority to use them as we bind and loose on earth and in heaven.

   Then Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
   Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
   Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen Matthew 28:18-20

Lord, I ask that we would never 'lose or misplace' the keys of the kingdom of heaven but, rather, Lord, that we would be continually be about the Father's business. Lord, let Your will be done here on earth as it is in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment