Saturday, November 21, 2015

"The Vapor Of My Days

Psalm 39:4-7

"Lord, make me to know my end,
And what is the measure of my days,
That I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my age is nothing before You;
Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor.   Selah

Surely every man walks about like a shadow;
Surely they busy themselves in vain;
He heaps up riches,
And does not know who will gather them.

And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in You.


Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Let us hear the conclusion of the matter:

"Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether it is good or whether it is evil."

The truth is that is very easy as human beings, living our day to day self absorbed lives, that it is easy to lose sight of the truths contained in the verses above. Life is but a vapor that passes much to quickly! It is easy to get caught up in pursuing and chasing the temporal things that can so quickly take our focus away from the 'one thing' that truly matters. Him!

We all have moments when like ... Martha... we are distracted and burdened with many things but .......realizing that we have been drawn away .......repenting ......choosing to acknowledge that He is the very reason we draw breath ..... realizing that He is the One thing necessary because a man's life with all its opportunities 'is at its best state but vapor.'

I say all this because I know. I know that of late I have been, Martha. I have in all honesty been "Consumed" by the needs of the sixteen month old that was placed with me recently. Much to my dismay, after three years of faithfully seeking His heart, His Word to share each day.... I have missed posting a few days recently because I have chosen "sleep" instead. And in this moment of honesty I can truly say that my heart is overwhelmed with the NEED to declare ...

 "And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You."  

Lord, help me to be more like Mary as I wait on You! Lord, You alone are the One to whom I look as I too, try to keep Your commandments with my heart set on You as my One thing necessary. Lord, as the vapor of my days on earth passes, I pray that the days at Your feet would far outway those spent distracted and confused!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment