Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Ultimate Stress Reliever

"As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands. Your laws are always right; help me to understand me them so I may live." Psalms 119:143

In modern day life, stress is a killer. A real, nasty one. It grinds and tears at you, making one piece of your life overwhelm the rest, making the others seem less important. I know this first hand, as I have recently been quite stressed over my job.

Even as I struggled with the stress of my job, I knew how foolish I was being. It wasn't worth the damage that it was being done to my spirit or my body. I was tired. Angry. But the worst part is that, looking back at the last week is this: I didn't need to be.

"Cast your burdens upon the Lord, and He will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22

In our society today, we value our independence. If we can't do it ourselves, then we see ourselves as failures. How foolish. From the beginning, we were not intended to be alone.

Then the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him." Genesis 2:18

We don't have to do it all, all by ourselves. God is always there. Ask for His help. Let Him take the pressure off. God is the ultimate stress reliever.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment