Thursday, June 5, 2014

"Your 34,000 Promises"

For I know the thoughts that I think towards you says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the lord... Jeremiah 29:11-14b
     ---------------------------------------------
I heard a preacher say two nights ago that there were 34,000 promises in the word. 34,000! To be honest, I don't know if that is true or not. I personally haven't counted them all. He seemed to know what he was talking about the way the word poured out of him; one verse after another as he preached. It seemed like he had memorized the whole Bible! Every once in a while throughout his message he would randomly quote a verse to someone in the audience and tell them, "This is for you," like he was handing them an amazing gift and judging by their reactions, you could tell it was the right word for them!

I loved it! I love watching the word do its thing in the hearts of man. It has been two days and I can still hear him saying, "Did you know that there are 34,000 promises in the word of God?" The answer is, "No. No, I didn't know." 34,000 Promises! Say it out loud and let your ears and your heart hear it. 34,000 Promises! Can you imagine what an amazing, incredible, awesome life we would be living if we grabbed a hold of 34,000 promises and lived in the fullness of them! I think too often we tend to treat His promises like they are just empty words, spoken to try and make us feel better, instead of the words that He is speaking to inform and assure us that He has a plan and will DO for us and through us. God doesn't make empty promises! That which He speaks; He will do!

The word Promise; 1860 in the Greek gives the following definition; From 1861; an announcement, for information, assent or pledge; especially a divine assurance of good. 1861; to announce upon. i.e. (by implication) to engage to do something, to assert something respecting one self. That means we have 34,000 divine assurances of good. God takes the opportunity 34,000 times to announce, declare, and assert His divine assurances of good toward us. He is forever giving us words or rather promises that are meant to comfort lead, guide and help us to know that the thoughts He thinks toward us are only good and that He has a plan for us, to bless us, and to shower us with His love and provision!

34,000 times He has spoken a word just for us so that we would know that He is with us and cares about us and every one of those 34,000 promises is the lifeline that we can hold onto to overcome whatever the need.  He promises and that means He is engaged in bringing about the outcome in and through us both in our lives and in the lives of those that pertain to us. Every time He says, "I Will..." and what that means is, "He will!!!"

All 34,000 promises are set before you. Will you believe? Here is just one that could make all the difference!

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statues, and you will keep My judgements and do them." Ezekiel 36:26-27

What a promise! And consider this thought ...It says, " I will put MY SPIRIT within you..." In Luke 24:49 it says, " Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high." Jesus, here in this verse refers to the Holy Spirit as 'the Promise' of the Father. Again in Acts 1:4 he again tells them ...not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which" He said, "you have heard from Me;

Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as the Promise of the Father. In John 14:16,26 and 15:26 He also refers to Him as The Helper. So here in Ezekiel 36 when it says, "I will put MY SPIRIT(My Promise) within you and (My Helper will) cause you to walk in My statues, and you will keep My judgements and do them." Amazing! Not only is this verse a promise it is about the Promise that will totally and completely make all the difference in our ability to walk righteously and according to His perfect will! 

All 34,000 promises are set before us. He spoke them as a divine assurance for good! However the question remains. Will we say, "Yes, to them, to Him?"

O Lord God, help us to lay claim to each and every one of your 34,000 promises. And Lord help us to surrender to the leadings of The Promise as He goes to work bringing them to pass in our lives?

Check out http://snackpackdevotionsforkidz.blogspot.com

Following us on Facebook  or Twitter options are now available!

No comments:

Post a Comment