Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"I AM FOR YOU"

I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think towards you says the  Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. Jeremiah 29:10b-14

Today's message is a simple one, and you can probably guess by the verse and the name of the song exactly what it is. I'm not sure why but I really felt like someone really needs to hear these words today. God is for you. He has a plan for you. Its a plan that is for your life specifically. It is a plan that is for you alone. Its not your sister's life, your neighbors, or even your best friends. It is all about what He has in store for you. It is His plan for you and you alone. He gave you every gift and every talent that you will need to accomplish all that He desires. Did you know that even your name is a part of the plan? Look at how many times throughout scripture the person's name has a meaning that is special to their calling and purposes in God.  He knows you by name, and He is for you!

He is all about blessing you and making a way for you that will lead you out of the captivity that sin and death entangles you in. He is all about 'visiting with you and performing His good word toward you.' He desires to bring you into a place of rest, an amazing place of rest that is simply a place of abiding with Him. Trust Him! He is for you! He has a future and a hope for you. Every time you seek Him you will find Him. He hears your prayers! He hears!

"I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think towards you." says the  Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil ........." Look who is talking here. It is God Himself. "I will visit you and perform My good word toward you." This whole passage is about God Talking. God saying, "I will........for you! Set this truth in your heart and don't let anyone take it from you! God said, "I AM FOR YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment