Sunday, June 15, 2014

"How Great Is Our God!"

O God, You have taught me from my youth; And to this day I declare Your wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grey headed, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come. Psalm 71:17-18
      --------------------------------------------
I must admit when I read this verse this morning I didn't realize that I would be sharing with you about it today. I had a different idea of what that was going to be! As the Holy Spirit brought it to my mind a number of times today I realized something. These verses speak perfectly my hearts desire, right here, now, in this day, in this hour. In Psalm 20:4 it says ..."May He grant you according to your heart's desire, And fulfill all your purpose." What an amazing verse to pray over someone. Just so you know its my prayer for you! The thing that He showed me is that He is doing just that in my life!

He has been teaching me since my youth and to this day I am still declaring His incredible, awesome, amazing, wondrous works every chance I get! There is nothing I love more than talking about the time He walked on water! Or how about another all time favorite of mine; the time He told the leper that he was willing and reached out to touch him as He healed him. How thrilling is it to tell a group of young people about the stands that Joshua, David, Daniel, Hananiah, Azariah, and Mishael lived to tell about because our amazing God was on their side! I love sharing every little nugget that He uncovers for me in His word with anyone who will listen. I especially love sharing about the time He heaped the waters, multiplied the bread and fish, or made the sun and moon stand still! I love most of all to tell about the cross and all that it entails! In case you didn't notice... there is nothing about Him, what He has done and what He will do that doesn't inspire me to tell somebody, anybody because that is my hearts desire. That is my purpose...to declare His strength and power to this generation and the generations to come! 

As the Holy Spirit was showing me my hearts desire through these verses He also reminded me of a couple of other people that He gave the desire of their heart to. Read Luke 2:25-38. ...And behold there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ. So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law, he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said: "Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, According to Your word; For my eyes have seen Your salvation which You have prepared before the face of all peoples, A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles, And the glory of Your people Israel." ....... Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity; and this women was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fasting and prayers night and day. And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

Both of these grey-headed people were faithful to God! Both had a hearts desire and a purpose to see and to serve the Lord. God honored both their desire to see Him as well as allowing them to fulfill their purpose and to have the opportunity to declare of Him. Simeon through His Blessing as He lifted Jesus up and through the word He spoke to Mary. Anna, despite her great age was given the opportunity to see Him and then to tell of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

"Young or old, if we will allow Him to be our hearts desire than we have a purpose as well. Our purpose is to declare Him and all that He is and all that He does to this generation as well as the generations to come!"

Take today and declare to someone, anyone ... How Great Is Our God!


No comments:

Post a Comment