Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Screw Up

"You will say in that day: I will give thanks to you, O LORD, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me." Isaiah 12:1

I'm really bad at giving myself guilt trips, and I have been ever since I was quite young. And when I did/do something wrong, I feel awful, and have a hard time forgiving myself. I say, "I'm sorry," so much that I have to start saying, "I'm sorry," for saying, "I'm sorry." I it breaks my heart when anyone is upset with me.

I don't kid myself; I'm sure I make God angry on a many-times-a-day basis.

This verse, Isaiah 12:1, gives some comfort, especially for those of us who apologize more than enough for several lifetimes.

God, turning from His anger, and comforting me. Awesome.

It's like when you're a little kid, and you know you screwed up. Your parents are MAD! You realize what you did was awful. Then you say you're sorry. You are so upset with yourself that you don't even realize that your mom has come up beside you, and is giving you a hug.

That's how it is with God. We are His children, but when we screw up, and we are sorry, God will turn aside from His anger, and comfort you. Incredible!

We may have a lot of times where we will be very stupid, but God does. and always will, comfort us and love us. Just go to Him, or let Him come to you. Don't look at this as an excuse to sin. It's meant as an incentive to go and sin no more.

God loves us, despite the fact the fact that we can be stupid. And during our repentance, He will come up to us, and just love on us some more.

---Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment