Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Stop Putting Yourself In The Corner

Who ever heard of putting yourself in a time-out?

We do it, though.

When we are ashamed. When we are upset. When we know we have screwed up, and we are trying to fix the mess. When we see just how unworthy we are. When we go into I-am-a-terrible-person mode.

A couple songs by V. Rose (I recommend her. Especially for teenagers.) really touched me this week (they are very much in tune with this topic), and they just really spoke to my heart about how I don't need to put myself on a time-out with God. I don't have to imagine I am wearing a paper hat that says, "FAILURE," on it. I don't have to hang back, like I'm standing in the corner.

I don't have to be perfect to come to God. I don't have to hide from Him because I am ashamed.

"And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man and said to him, "Where are you?" And he said, "I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself." Genesis 3:8-10

DON'T HIDE YOURSELF FROM GOD! NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE.

Instead of trying to hid our vast failures from God, just lay them all out there. Let Him see it. Let Him deal with it.

Stop holding onto those things.

Stop going to the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment