Tuesday, February 2, 2016

She Would Not Be Silent

Is this what it felt like to be stabbed in the spirit? Everyday it was struggle, a war within her, as she desperately tried to be heard.

She had had no idea the decisions she made would lead to this...this...

Beast.

Demon.

She could see the men with her physical eyes. They talked about Jesus, the Son of God. She could hear the demon cursing them and God in her head.

She didn't want to live like this anymore.

The war grew more fierce, but suddenly she found herself in front of those men shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation." The demon within her shrieked. He tried to portray it as mockery in the days to come, but she dragged them back everyday, sure that this was the key to her freedom.

She would not quit. She would not stop fighting. She would not be silent.

Based on Acts 16:16-17

"As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, 'These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.'"
Acts 16:16-17

Does this amaze anyone? This girl was demon possessed. Controled and occupied by a demon to the point that her own spirit was being snuffed. Yet even the demon couldn't stop God's message from being proclaimed. Not even the demon could keep her quiet.
   
"He answered, 'I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.'" Luke 19:40

All of creation proclaims His glory. All of the spiritual realm, good and evil, proclaims God's glory. Our physical being is modeled after Him. Everything points to the glory of God!

And yet so often we let the rocks speak more for us. If a demon possessed girl can still fight the darkness enough to cry out truths about God, why do we stay silent? To think of it in those terms, it's so humbling. And embarrassing. Like I'm thankful this is a blog post and I don't have to look any of you in the eye.

Even though I'm not fighting the same battles as that girl, I don't ever want to be accused of not fighting the darkness. I don't ever want to let the rocks do my job. It is my joy to proclaim God's truths, and that's how I want to act. Nothing will keep me silent anymore. What about you?
V. Joy Palmer

1 comment:

  1. This battle is real, And my faith is being tested daily. Satan is no longer crouching at the doorstep waiting-he is seated at the dinner table, and in Sunday service. Lord, help me to keep my eyes trained on You, Direct my steps that I may walk in ways worthy of Your mercy and grace, Amen

    ReplyDelete