Tuesday, February 16, 2016

"His Bride"

"... And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, So shall your God rejoice over you." Isaiah 62:5

   3618 - from 3634; a bride (as if perfect); hence a son's wife.
   3634 - a primitive root; to complete.

I don't know about you, but I love that in Hebrew the meaning of the word 'bride' comes from a root word that means ... to complete and that as His bride, we truly are complete in Him.  "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." Colossians 2:9-10

This gives us pause to stop and think about two things. One is simply this ...our love for Him, as His bride, means that He completes us! Probably not a big surprise considering who He is, what He brings to the relationship, and all that He did and sacrificed to make us His bride. The second is this, as His bride ... we complete Him! We are "the bride who made herself ready" that is talked about in Revelations 19:7 In Genesis 2 it tells us that Adam needed a helper that was 'comparable' to him. So the Father gave him one. He created a bride to be His counterpart and to 'be joined as one flesh.' Eve was created to be Adam's bride ... to complete Him, and you and I, as the bride of Christ, are being made complete in Him to be His! We are even now being made 'complete' in Him that we can be found to be 'arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.' Revelations 19:8

I don't know about you ...but I know that as for me my hearts cries out ..."As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness." Psalm 17:15



No comments:

Post a Comment