Saturday, September 5, 2015

"My Certainty Matters"

   Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a ventilation came to Him, saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented."
   And Jesus said to Him, "I will come and heal him."
   The centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed."
   For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, "Go," ad he goes; and to another, "Come," and he comes; and to my servant, "Do this," and he does it."
   When Jesus heard it, He marvelled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even I Israel. And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing
   Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you." And his servant was healed that same hour. Matthew 8:5-13

Every time I read this encounter it makes me remember just how important it is for me to KNOW that His authority can reach across any and all distances to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. It also reminds me that my intercession for a loved one is important as well. The centurion knew that Jesus was the answer to his servants need and he proceeded to show that with every word he spoke. Jesus told us "that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks," and the only words that came out of his mouth were words that revealed his faith in Jesus and the authority He walked in. The only words that came from the overflow of his heart were words that confirmed his certainty about who Jesus was and what He could do. He knew that Jesus had the power to heal!!! He knew and because of that certainty his servant was healed!!!

This account reminds me that my certainty ...in Him ...in who He is ...in what He does, and  even ...in His power to heal can make a difference in the lives and circumstances of those I intercede for. My certainty and the profession of my faith matters to the outcome my loved ones see as I bring them before the Lord.

It reminds me to "...Ask in faith, with no doubting ..." James 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment